First Year Experience
The First-Year Experience at the College of Charleston is an academic program designed to integrate new students into the academic and cultural community of the College. All of the courses give new students an opportunity to work closely with top-level faculty, to meet other new students at the beginning of the school year, smooth their transition to college, and provide them with the skills that will help them succeed throughout their academic careers. To delve more deeply into the First-Year Experience courses, please visit our courses section of the webpage.
FYE in the News
- Charleston as a Classroom: FYE Students explore truth and reconciliation at Drayton Hall Plantation
- First-Year Students Face Ultimate Test: Running a Marathon
- Freshmen Get More Than They Bargained for in First-Year Experience Seminar
- 5 Reasons Why College Students Love The Beatles
- Eight Days, Seven Courses, Six Countries, Innumerable Opportunities
- College Honors More than 30 People for a Commitment to Diversity and Excellence
FYE Course Links-See what past (and current) courses are doing!
- Charleston as A Classroom (Tumblr)
- Special OPS Therapy Tactics (YouTube)
- Roads of Silk, Streets of Water (YouTube)
- Sex, Politics, and American Culture (YouTube)
Experience Interdisciplinary Connections
Experience Learning in Context
If you are an entering first-year student at the College of Charleston during the 2015-16 school year, and feel that you should be exempt from the First-Year Experience requirement, download the waiver form and either email it to email@example.com or deliver it to the New Student Programs office.