First Year Experience
The First Year Experience is an academic program designed to fully integrate new students into the academic and cultural community of the College of Charleston. All of the courses give new students an opportunity to work closely with top-level faculty, to meet other new students at the beginning of the school year, smooth their transition to college, and provide them with the skills that will help them succeed throughout their academic careers. Fostering these connections and skills in the first year is crucial to success at the College, graduation, and beyond. To delve more deeply into the First Year Experience courses, please visit our courses section of the webpage.
FYE in the News
- FitCatz: A First-Year Experience to Remember
- First-Year Students Face Ultimate Test: Running a Marathon
- 5 Reasons Why College Students Love The Beatles
- College Honors More than 30 People for a Commitment to Diversity and Excellence
See what past (and current) courses are doing!
- Photography and Memory (Twitter video)
- Special OPS Therapy Tactics (YouTube)
- Roads of Silk, Streets of Water (YouTube)
- Sex, Politics, and American Culture (YouTube)
Experience Interdisciplinary Connections
Experience Learning in Context
If you are an entering first-year student at the College of Charleston during the 2016-17 school year, and feel that you should be exempt from the First-Year Experience requirement, download the waiver form and either email it to email@example.com or deliver it to the New Student Programs office.